Hear From Our Customers
AMAZING customer service. We had so many questions. The Canada Radon team answered them all with patience and professionalism. The installation was seamless. We feel so much safer having a radon mitigation system installed in our house by Canada Radon.
Rob, Brad and the whole team at Canada Radon are very knowledgeable about the challenges of radon in homes. They came and did an assessment and installed a high quality solution as promised. I’d highly recommend them!
The team at Canada Radon were awesome throughout the whole process of getting my radon levels to a safe place. From teaching me about radon, informing me about radon mitigation systems, answering countless questions, installing the system, and keeping an open line of communication. I would highly recommend Canada Radon for your radon needs.
What is Radon?
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas formed by the breakdown of uranium, and is found in all soil and bedrock.
Radon gas is odourless, colourless, and tasteless; so it requires specialized equipment to detect, measure and control.
According to Health Canada, radon is the leading cause of lung cancer for non-smokers, and is 10x more dangerous for children.
Radon gas is present in ALL homes, new and old, and cannot be detected or measured until a home is ready for move-in.
Contact a Radon Expert | Radon Removal and Testing
Get A Free Quote.
Ensuring Safe Homes: Expert Radon Removal and Testing Services in Ontario & throughout Canada
Radon Test Kit in Hamilton, Ontario
Looking for a reliable radon test kit in Ontario or anywhere in Canada? Look no further!
Our top-quality radon test kits are specifically designed to accurately measure radon levels in your home or workplace.
Protect your loved ones from this silent but dangerous gas by using our easy-to-use and EPA-approved radon test kits. Take the first step towards a healthier and safer environment.
Order your radon test kit for Ontario today and gain peace of mind knowing you're safeguarding your family's well-being.
Radon Mitigation in Canada
Radon mitigation- the process of reducing radon gas concentrations in the living zones of occupied buildings, or radon from water supplies. [Wikipedia]
Radon gas is present in ALL homes, new and old, and cannot be detected or measured until a home is ready for move in.
Learn more about Radon
Radon Explained - Click Play To Watch
HEALTH CANADA FACTS
- What is radon?
- What is the Canadian guideline for radon in indoor air?
- Why did Health Canada announce in June 2007 a lowering of the guidelines for acceptable levels of radon in the house from 800 to 200 Bq/m³?
- What is a bequerel?
- What is the difference between becquerels per cubic meter (Bq/m³) and picocuries per litre (pCi/L)?
- What is Health Canada's reaction to the World Health Organization's (WHO) proposal for radon reference levels to be set at 100 Bq/m³?
- Should Canadians be concerned about the WHO proposal?
- What are the reference levels used by the United States and European Union?
- How can radon affect my health?
- I am a smoker. Does radon affect me more than a non-smoker?
- Are children more at risk from radon than adults?
- What about drinking water that contains radon?
- Where in Canada are radon levels the highest?
- How can radon get into my house?
- What about radon and radioactivity in granite countertops?
- How do I test my house for radon?
- Where in the house or building should I perform the test?
- How can I reduce the amount of radon in my house?
- How much will it cost to mitigate my house?
- Where can I find a contractor for radon testing and mitigation?
- I am building a new house, are there any building codes for radon protection?
- I am building a new house, can I have the site tested for radon?
- I don't have a basement. Do I still need to test my house for radon?
- My house is new (old) so it shouldn't have a problem, right?
- I am extending my house. Is there anything I can do to prevent radon entry into the extension?
- I am renting a house (apartment) and am concerned about radon. Is my landlord required to test for radon if I ask him to do so?
- I tested my rental house (apartment) and the radon reading was high, is my landlord required to fix this problem?
- As an employer, do I need to test for radon in the workplace?
- Are the radon detectors themselves dangerous or do they contain toxic substances?
- Where can I learn more?
How Can Canada Radon Help?
When To Call Canada Radon
If you are starting a new build, please let us know as soon as you have the plans. We will work with your team on a detailed radon mitigation strategy that can be planned in from the outset - saving time and ensuring compliance with local building code requirements.
If your home is already under construction or complete, we can work with you on retrofit strategies and discuss the different options. When installed properly, retrofit radon mitigation systems are highly effective at ensuring safe radon levels in the home.